Re: For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

David Woodhouse wrote:
A question which had occurred to me also. We seem to be trying to
'solve' a problem which hasn't actually been demonstrated to exist yet.

While it has not happened in a while (my current issues are s390x bound, not ppc bound) having to do a single rebuild of firefox even to add an ExcludeArch is a huge loss when trying to get security fixes pushed where time is critical. If for whatever reason there crops up a c++ compiler bug on the platform -- and Mozilla will exhibit it as it does all sorts of funky c++ fu -- delaying the security fix while someone debugs and fixes the secondary arch problem is not something I'd like to see as a maintainer, nor something that I imagine we'd like to see in general as a project.

I'm all for working with whomever to get secondary arches working, but I am generally building packages for security issues, and I'd strongly prefer to not do re-spins because of failures on arches we don't officially support. It's hard enough getting them out on arches we do.