Extras suggestion: vde + Qtemu

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed May 30 18:00:13 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, KH KH wrote:
> 2007/5/22, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:
> > Would like to see the following packages added to FC6 Extras in support
> > of QEMU.  I can find these packages for distros like Mandriva and some
> > others but cannot find them for FC6.
> >
> > vde     # virtual switch          http://sourceforge.net/projects/vde/
> > Qtemu   # GUI frontend to QEMU    http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtemu/
>
> I saw that Ville has QtEmu from his repository:
> http://cachalot.mine.nu/ (seems offline at this moment)

Appears to be back up again.

> I'm using it but and i can provides help to provides review if needed...

I have tentative plans to submit it for review at some point, but first I'd
like to get my hands on F7 and see what kind of new virtualization related
goodies are already included.

But of course, if someone volunteers as a co-maintainer right from the start
and doesn't mind taking over completely in case I don't find myself needing
qtemu shortly afterwards, I could submit it for review already now.