Re: [Suspend-devel] willing to contribute - so laptops suspend better - but how?

Richard Hughes <hughsient <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This is probably not a good plan. It's like opening a car door with a
> sledgehammer, and maybe would cause other, unpredictable, effects.

It helps determine if the problem is in the modules that can be unloaded or
elsewhere. If the machine doesn't come back even after all the modules that
kernel could give up on have been removed, then the problem is way more serious
and cannot be solved by blacklisting modules. However, if it does help, then we
can keep trying modules until we bump into one that causes the failure.

--
Bojan