Re: Fedora 8 Schedule

On Thursday 31 May 2007 13:52:45 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> So this has popped up now:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule
>
> I don't like this in the least: not only is this only a 5 month schedule,
> not the usual 6, but the final devel freeze is 6 days before the scheduled
> KDE 4.0 release, which is pretty unfortunate. :-(

While unfortunate, it is /extremely/ important for Fedora to get back on a
regular and expected schedule, that being end of October, end of April.
Doing so will allow projects like Gnome and KDE to slightly adjust to fit, as
well as provide a predictable schedule for other feature sets, with a better
idea that if we miss this one, the next one is going to happen /then/ and we
can target for that.  Having a stable schedule is far more important for this
release than picking up the latest KDE.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora