Re: Fedora 8 Schedule

On Thursday 31 May 2007 14:44:45 David Woodhouse wrote:
> ... but what's so special about October and April that we have to have a
> strict 6-month release cycle from now on _except_ for the 5-month cycle
> for F8?

End of October gives us some window of slippage before running into massive
holiday outages.

End of April is not the end of the quarter which helps for getting attention,
resources, availability, etc...  And end of April was the target for Fedora
7, we're sticking to our guns here with 'a slip of one release will not
effect the schedule of the next release' by sticking with 6 months beyond the
first Fedora 7 target release date.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora