Re: Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-10-31

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:33 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:36:01 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
>
> > Imho it should be valid to have a package in F7 updates-testing with a higher
> > nevr than in F8.
ACK.

> Why isn't the same update built also for F8?
> Why do you want to limit the testing to one dist?
E.g. to evaluate for distro specific issues? Remember, that though a
particular spec might be identical for different distros, it's
infrastructure underneath might be different.

> For some time we've excluded F7 updates-testing from the upgradepath
> check,
Which is the correct approach, IMO, because testing will receive
experimental stuff, which is by no means guaranteed to end up in
"updates".

Ralf