Re: Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-10-31

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 04:02:00PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> I sense we seemingly we have a basic divergence on the purpose of
> testing.
>
> You seem to understand it as a "delay queue" for updates, giving some
> people a chance to check packages and withdraw them when they feel they
> need to.
>
> I understand "testing" as "auxiliary repo" taking candidate packages for
> "updates", which generally should only be pushed by request, not "by
> timeout" nor by "no receiving complaints".

Even in that case they are meant to go to updates, and in that case
should be, at some point < rawhide when rawhide becomes the next
version.

Having timeouts for pushing from testing to updates has been discussed
in the past, if I recall well, and I think that auto-pushing was not
accepted. However, and if I recall well, there could be some auto-pushing
after a delay when there is enough positive 'karma' for a package (2 people
approving the update if I recall well).

--
Pat