Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:12:45 +0100
Adam Tkac <atkac redhat com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> CVS has already passed over best years. I'm wonder why modern
> project like Fedora still has sources in this ancient system. Are here
> any plans to replace it by git, mercurial, svn or other more modern
> version control system?

Replacing a VCS for the fun of it is pretty pointless.  Can you
elaborate on a workflow you would like to see that CVS is not suited
to?  Right now, CVS works fine for what we do, which is mostly editing
spec files.

I am by no means a proponent of CVS.  I think it sucks.  But we have no
_usecase_ for a different VCS at the moment.

josh