Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

On Mi November 7 2007, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Replacing a VCS for the fun of it is pretty pointless.  Can you
> elaborate on a workflow you would like to see that CVS is not suited
> to?  Right now, CVS works fine for what we do, which is mostly editing
> spec files.

"cvs diff" makes afaik a network connection, which makes it very slow compared
to a modern vcs. Also tagging / commit takes very long imho, but maybe this
is because of all the hook scripts. Afaik, there is nothing than one can do
about it as a maintainer to speed this up.

Regards,
Till