When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

Andy Shevchenko andy at smile.org.ua
Wed Nov 7 19:52:01 UTC 2007

Hi Till Maas!

 On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:38:41PM +0100, Till Maas wrote next:

> "cvs diff" makes afaik a network connection, which makes it very slow compared
> to a modern vcs.
Modern vcs requires additional space for this operation.
And second, I doubt in usefull status of this feature. IMHO, in practice (another
words 'very often') you need to make diff between vcs' *.spec and current.
You just make copy *.spec to *.spec.orig and use simple diff command.

--
With best regards,
Andy Shevchenko.      mailto: andy at smile.org.ua