Re: Possible Replacements for the system-config-* utilities?

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 09:55:08AM -0500, Kelly Miller wrote:
> here).  First of all, is there a preferred language for development
> like this?  I've actually done very little to no Python development

Almost certainly Python.

The key reason these utilties need rewriting is to separate the user
interface (GUI, full-screen text-mode, and command-line) from the possibly
privileged actions they need to perform.

This should be done using PolicyKit -- see
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePolicyKit>.