Re: After Fedora 8 comes Fedora 9!

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:52:11 -0500
Dave Jones <davej redhat com> wrote:

> People get bitten by this every release.  And no doubt, people
> will this release too, because not all useres will read your
> announcement.
>
> Could we do a final update to fedora-release just before we
> do the final compose to do the right thing to the repo files?
>
> I'm sure I was talking with someone about this not too long ago,
> and it was a "solved" problem, but from your message, it seems
> that isn't the case.

The fedora-release currently in rawhide only has fedora and updates
enabled.  However if you at any point had modified your development
repo file, then you would have a .rpmnew file sitting there with
development disabled, but your modified one would still be enabled.  We
don't want to stomp on local configuration which is why .rpmnew would
get created.  This is why I stated that people should /ensure/, rather
than just trusting that the package upgrade did the right thing.

--
Jesse Keating