Re: After Fedora 8 comes Fedora 9!

Dave Jones wrote:
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:41:19PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:

 > For those of you that were early adopters of Fedora 8 and joined the
 > Rawhide bandwagon, but want to get off at the Fedora 8 stop, I suggest
 > that you ensure your 'development' yum repo is disabled.  For those of
 > you that wish to continue to enjoy Rawhide, I suggest you ensure that
 > your 'fedora', and any updates repos are disabled, and make sure that
 > your development repo remains enabled.

People get bitten by this every release.  And no doubt, people
will this release too, because not all useres will read your

Could we do a final update to fedora-release just before we
do the final compose to do the right thing to the repo files?

I'm sure I was talking with someone about this not too long ago,
and it was a "solved" problem, but from your message, it seems
that isn't the case.

It is already the case. I guess this is just a reminder for those twiddling with their repository files.