Re: Deltarpms will be available for F7 -> F8 upgrade

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 16:04 +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 08/11/2007, Jonathan Dieter <jdieter gmail com> wrote:
> > Within the next five or six hours, there should be deltarpms available
> > for upgrading from Fedora 7 to Fedora 8 using yum-presto.  More details
> > when they become available.
>
> For x86_64 as well as i386?

Sorry, but I'm afraid I've run into some problems generating the F7 ->
F8 deltarpms and they won't be ready until tomorrow morning my time (UTC
+0200).

On a better note, deltarpms for Fedora 8 updates are ready.  The good
news is that you no longer have to use "deltaurl=".  All you do is set
"baseurl=http://lesloueizeh.com/f8/i386/updates";
in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo.  The bad news (at least for me)
is that it means you will be downloading both deltarpms and regular rpms
from our school's mirror and I believe our bandwidth is limited to
100GB/month.

This means I'll either need some help mirroring the deltarpms or we need
to get the official repositories to include them very soon.

I'll post again when I have the F7 -> F8 deltarpms ready.

Jonathan