When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

Lubomir Kundrak lkundrak at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 20:05:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 18:19 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:

> > We don't use it as a true version conrtol system anyways.
>
> Could you elaborate on this answer a little bit, please?

No, I am tired. Read the following line carefully and think a bit about
what should it do in a version control system:

$ cvs diff -rkoules-1_4-2_fc8 -rkoules-1_4-1_fc7 koules.spec

> >> - CVS server outage :)
> >
> > Other services never have outages?
>
> They don't -- have you ever heard about distributed VC? If the
> repository I am working against has outage, then I don't care.

I was asking about other services, not version control systems. Do you
cache your favourite webs in case they have outage? Utilizing remote
services is just the way how the Internet works.