Re: Deltarpms will be available for F7 -> F8 upgrade

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 01:12 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> >
> > We made a design decision with yum-presto-0.4.x to not support deltaurl
> > anymore (mainly because it increased the size and complexity of the code
> > by a large factor).
> >
> > In the short term, that's a pain because the official repositories
> > aren't presto-enabled, but once they do become presto-enabled, all you
> > will have to do is install yum-presto without making any configuration
> > changes.
> >
> > Jonathan
> >

> Has there been any talk about presto-enabling the official F8 repo?
>
> I suppose it would be pretty safe, given that it only effects people who
> choose to install the plugin.  Additional bandwidth/disk usage for the
> mirrors would be relatively small for the benefit.

Yeah, as I mentioned in another thread, the issue is that we have to get
the koji to generate the deltarpms and bodhi to publish them.  It was
originally on the list of things to get done before F8, but then other
tasks that took higher priority took longer than expected.

The goal now (at least as far as I understand it) is to get the buildsys
stuff done and then presto-enable the F8 repository.

Jonathan