Re: (It pains me to say) KDE and broken logout

Kelly Miller wrote:
Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
The behavior I see after installing the KDE spin is that logout works perfectly after I login for the first time. After the second and subsequent logins I get empty air (nothing happens) when I click on the Logout menu item.
The problem is aRts - or, more specifically, artsshell, which runs when aRts is supposed to be shutting down... except for some reason, it never seems to get around to that, leaving a black screen.

Or are you referring to something else

Since I'm not getting a black screen, I'm guessing it is something else. For me, clicking on the Logout menu item had no effect at all.

-pmr