Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

On Do November 8 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 11:08:19 +0100
>
> Adam Tkac <atkac redhat com> wrote:
> > But I know really better
> > workflows which cannot be used with CVS.
>
> Can you outline what kind of better workflow you'd like to see?

Afaik, git and hg (and maybe other modern vcs) would make comaintaining
packages a lot easier, because the comaintainer can work on their copy of a
package and then submit it to the main maintainer and then the main
maintainer can verify it and commit it to the official repository, where
packages are built from.

Also it would be nice, if it was easier to sync branches in the vcs or only
use one branch for all stable distributions or even all, when there is no
need for several branches. E.g. many of my packages use identical specs for
all branches, because the packages are so simple, that there are no big
changes between new releases. Or changes that may break a lot.

Regards,
Till