Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 10:52 +0100, Karel Zak wrote:
>  I think the best way (for Fedora project) is Tom Mraz's suggestion:
>  use stupid central CVS as a storage for patch files and locally use
>  scripts that convert these patches as code to/from real DVCS.

FWIW, I think that seeing some people work on some various
implementations of this could be a really useful way forward on the
whole SCM discussion.  It gives us a good way to test out new workflows
and see how they really _do_ work without forcing everyone to change at
once.  And then when we get to something markedly better, we can revisit
the idea of changing out the canonical method.

Jeremy