Simplified contribution process?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 22:46:56 UTC 2007

One thing that I believe is overly difficult.  Perhaps others have solved
this, I'm just following the fedora recommendations.

I have:
package/devel
package/F-8
package/whatever.

I seem to need to update sources and spec files in each.  Typically they are
the same.  Actually, I would think needing different source of spec file is
the exception.

Can't this be simplified?  There is a lot of duplication.  I have to
remember to update sources, spec, cvs commit in each, and then build in
each - when usually they are all the same.