Re: Bogus permissions on 8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/*.rpm

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:08:55 +0100
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 freenet de> wrote:
>
> > ;) Resyncing the mirrors?
>
> Well, permission changes are pretty darn fast, yet it is still churn
> and still bandwidth consumed.  I'd just rather not get in the way of
> all those happy people trying to get to Fedora 8 (:
Hmm. Fix issues ASAP, before they propagate to/infect more users?
Many users still might not have started to download, or might be midst
of downloading.

I don't know what would be better in this case. The risk of corrupting
something definitely exists, provided you can't know which kind of
mirroring scripts/strategies (wget, lftp, reposync, yum caching,
apt, ..) users apply.

I am not sure what would better in this case.

All I can say, if I was still a low bandwidth user, I were very upset
when experiencing that files which are supposed to be constant are being
re-downloaded :)

Ralf