When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Sun Nov 11 11:26:02 UTC 2007

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sunday 11 November 2007, Peter Gordon wrote:
>> $ cvs diff -u branch-dir/ | colordiff | less -R
>>
>> Of course, this is very tedious to type
>
> /usr/bin/cdiff (in the colordiff package) would simplify that a bit :)

Dude!  Rock on!

After just showing a newbie in IRC colour ls, colour grep, and a few
others yesterday, I said something along the lines "time to google for a
colour diff anytime about now".  I was sure I'd heard of one in the
past, but couldn't remember for sure. ;o)

Incidentally, there is a plugin for thunderbird called "Colored Diffs"
that does colour highlighting on diffs pretty nicely as well.

(P.S. Yes, I'm aware I spelled colour both ways.  The Canadian way for
proper Canadian usage of the word, and the American way to match literal
usage in commands.  ;o)   People point that out to me all the time, so I
thought I'd jump the gun this time.  ;o)

--
Mike A. Harris

Come and join us on the #fedora8 IRC help forum on irc.freenode.net