Re: probs with nvidia sata

ne... wrote:
On 12/11/2007, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:
Le Lun 12 novembre 2007 11:29, ne... a écrit :

Provide us with double error or some such output...
And some HW info and take a look at
AMD X2 4400+ Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 mobo, 2x 80GB & 1x 200GB
Western Digital hard drives.
I can't speak for the install part since I use a rolling rawhide setup
but this hardware should work fine once installed (I have a AMD X2
4400+ + Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9 mobo, maxtor drives)
My thoughts exactly till I got the double free error. This box also has
FC7, FC6, FC5, FC4 & FC3 installs on it. Plus openSUSE 10.1 & CentOS 5.
Never had any problems before yesterday. My hard drives are all SATA tho...
Does a DVD install proceed ?

I've noticed that you need to put the iso on a non-lvm disk to do an method=hd install/upgrade. If I don't, I get similar sort of message {give me your driver disk}.

Any way, just some thoughts, I'm keen for issues to have solutions - and if the solution can't make it back into the installer - then at least being able to notate the smolt page with hardware bits that aren't / no longer work is helpful for others with the same hw.

Capturing the error even on camera, or typing it in, or using a serial console to another PC, could be illuminating for those who know what to look for.

DaveT.