Re: Deltarpms will be available for F7 -> F8 upgrade

Jonathan Dieter wrote:
Jonathan Dieter wrote:
Within the next five or six hours, there should be deltarpms available
for upgrading from Fedora 7 to Fedora 8 using yum-presto.  More details
when they become available.
Great. Is this planned to be default for Fedora 9?

I really hope so.  The real issue is that the build system needs to be
set up to generate the deltarpms and I don't know koji/bodhi.

The idea is that when the buildsystem is able to generate deltarpms
(hopefully very soon), we'll start making the official repositories
presto-enabled.  *If* we don't have any problems, we *may* then make it
the default for Fedora 9.

Jonathan

Sounds like a definite Feature worth tracking and getting some attention drawn to it.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy

Let me know if you help with the feature page creation.

John