/tftpboot vs. /var/tftp vs. something else?

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Tue Nov 13 04:20:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:45 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Edubuntu is using /var/lib/tftp as their tftpdir.  Should we use it as well?
>
> If so, I suppose our selinux-policy should handle both /tftpboot and
> this new location to allow for a smooth transition.

I would suggest /srv/tftpboot/. If not that, then I really can't think
of any other place. There's no lib to put in /var/lib/. /var/cache/
sounds too temporary. /var/share/? Is there such a thing?

Please, please, please rethink touching /srv/ ... even if you must
use /srv/fedora/<services> if you're afraid of namespace conflicts.
--

Richi Plana