Re: /tftpboot vs. /var/tftp vs. something else?

Warren Togami wrote:
Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 07:46:37PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
For many years, I've used /var/tftp as a location for storing TFTP data. This mirrors the use of /var/ftp and /var/www. I therefore suggest we change the default configuration in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp to reflect this.

FHS says:

Applications must generally not add directories to the top level of
/var. Such directories should only be added if they have some
system-wide implication, and in consultation with the FHS mailing list.

Another possibility could be /var/lib/tftp. tftp doesn't exactly qualify
for what should be in /var/lib, but it is not clearly wrong either.

--
Pat

Edubuntu is using /var/lib/tftp as their tftpdir. Should we use it as well?

If so, I suppose our selinux-policy should handle both /tftpboot and this new location to allow for a smooth transition.

According to the FHS this would be the desired location so if it's desirable to change this is where I'd put it. Will it make integrating ltsp easier if the location is the same between Fedora and Ubuntu?

-Toshio