Re: Firefox 3

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Janina Sajka wrote:

Matsuura San,

MATSUURA Takanori writes:
Hi all,

Now I put my firefox-trunk (3.0b2pre now) package at
http://t-matsuu.sakura.ne.jp/install-memo/fc/

I have been building from your srpms with excellent results--until very
recently. Beginning AFTER firefox-3.0a9pre-2007102116_trunk.fc7, I am
unable to rpmbuild either F-7 or F-8, including your srpm of the new FF3
Beta. I get:

error: line 1212: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': - Initial RPM release.

error: Failed to find Provides:
   File listed twice: /usr/lib64/firefox-3.0b2pre/updater.ini
   line 1212: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': - Initial RPM release.

   Failed to find Provides:
   line 1212: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': - Initial RPM release.

   Failed to find Provides:Release: 2%{?dist}spk

Since 1212 is actually the eof of the .spec, I suspect some other subtle
problem that I have not been able to identify.

PS: Thank you again for making these srpms available over the past
months. They have been very helpful.

Janina

The package is based on firefox-2.0.0.8-2.
It includes some adhoc artifice to success to build.

libgtkembedmoz.so and libxpcom.so is not built by default. now.
This change may affects yelp and devhelp (and AdobeReader-8.*) packages.

Feel free to incorporate to firefox package in Fedora.

regards,

OK, I added %{mozappdir}/crashreporter to the %files list, and it built successfully. Someone should probably take a look at what to do about the fact that the process for finding provides is presenting an arglist to sed that needs to be split up somehow.

          HTH.

--
          Bil in Denver