/tftpboot vs. /var/tftp vs. something else?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Nov 14 05:32:10 UTC 2007

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> I'd be okay with using /var/lib/tftp since there seems to be precedent
> for that, and it breaks FHS the "least".
>
> My argument was mainly against /tftpboot since / might be too small or
> read-only.

I personally am leaning toward /var/lib/tftp for these reasons.

As nothing really stops me from just doing it, and doing so doesn't
break other tools, I'm going forward with this path instead of /tftpboot
for LTSP.

Requesting selinux-policy addition now.  Both old and new directories
should be allowed by selinux for a while.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com