Fedora 8 curl breaks Second Life

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Nov 14 09:13:34 UTC 2007

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Okay, Fedora 8 breaks the Second Life client, which I have been working
> on packaging for Fedora but is not yet accepted. It appears to be due to
> curl switching to NSS. More info here:
>
> https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/sldev/2007-November/006674.html
>
> This means Second Life is completely broken on Fedora 8. What should I
> do to get this fixed? The Second Life review bug is 233946, though the
> last build posted there is way out of date. I suppose I can come up with
> a new set of builds if needed.

Please update the review ticket with all the latest info. Also please finish
the work on the needed libraries asap please.

Will a simple rebuild fix the F-8 problem? In that case I think publishing a
set of rebuild packages is a good idea, even better would be to get things
reviewed and build into Fedora, on the buildsys things should always build
against the correct stuff and a rebuild is nice and easy.

I'm more then willing to help with reviewing and or other stuff.

Regards,

Hans