Re: setup filesystem requires and minimal system

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:14:41AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:

> You'd need a libc, some sort of init. It should be rather
> straightforward, testing in a chroot, to figure out the smallest set of
> Fedora packages that you can have and be functional (say, define
> functional as a working network, text editor, and shell).

A text editor is certainly not needed for te Masochistic install. For
the shell it is not evident either. init could start something directly.
As for init I don't know either, isn't it possible for the kernel to
launch something else than init? Is it clearer like that?

--
Pat