Re: setup filesystem requires and minimal system

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:28:06AM -0500, Tom spot Callaway wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 10:24 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> > That's what the core group in comps is intended to be...  if there's
> > more there than that, it should be moved to Base :)
>
> To be fair, I think he's talking about something that only has:
>
> tinylibc
> minit
> nash
>
> ... or equally absurd replacements.

Not exactly. I am more interested in a dep chain that allows those who
really want minimal installs (or maybe installs with 'absurd replacements'
but it isn't something I was thinking about when doing my first mail)
to work, while still ensuring that everything that is needed is still
there. More fundamentaly it is not clear to me whether some packages
that are special, for example the kernel, glibc, util-linux, rpm... itself
are necessary or not. I don't have personnally a need for such a
minimal fedora based install, but I ask because other may like to have
it.

--
Pat