Re: /tftpboot vs. /var/tftp vs. something else?

Warren Togami wrote:
Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 07:46:37PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
For many years, I've used /var/tftp as a location for storing TFTP data. This mirrors the use of /var/ftp and /var/www. I therefore suggest we change the default configuration in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp to reflect this.

FHS says:

Applications must generally not add directories to the top level of
/var. Such directories should only be added if they have some
system-wide implication, and in consultation with the FHS mailing list.

Another possibility could be /var/lib/tftp. tftp doesn't exactly qualify
for what should be in /var/lib, but it is not clearly wrong either.

--
Pat

Edubuntu is using /var/lib/tftp as their tftpdir. Should we use it as well?

Please, please, don't change this.

Pretty much everyone everywhere is using /tftpboot, which makes apps needing to mange those directories now understand
that newer versions of Fedora are "weird".

I can't see any good reason to change this that results in any sort of tangible benefit.