Re: Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 14.11.2007 18:54, Christopher Aillon wrote:
It encompasses several pages, many of the items are duplicated, etc. It's just unruly.

+1

And the more packaging guidelines we have, the worse it will get.

I think it is time to split some things into "this you must know" and
"this is written down here so you can look it up if you act in a
specific area and need guidance"

It's definitely time to organize and split the review guidelines.

Packages should not violate the rules but there are many rules that only apply to a subset of packages. It's not a small task, though. The categories have to be intuitive enough so that if I'm reviewing a python web application I know to look in:

General Guidelines
Python Apps
Web Applications
Daemons

(To some extent we already have to do this. There are, for instance, pages for language specific guidelines already.)

-Toshio