Re: Review queue/FESCo after the merge

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 23:41 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> No the crux of my complaint is there is no way to get packages past the freeze
> (not the last hard one, but the earlier one) without having to go the human ( =
> slow, cumbersome) interaction path.

I have done a fair amount of bug-fixing during the freezes and asked for
them to be let through, and while it is a little bit of overhead to
write a three-line email that explains what bug I fixed, what the nature
of the fix is and that I believe it is harmless and worthwhile, I cannot
agree that the process is overly bureaucratic or cumbersome.

The manual process of writing down a short note why your build should
get in despite the freeze achieves exactly what it is intended to
achieve: it slows down the churn in the tree.

´╗┐If we just make this a self-service, use-your-best-judgment make
target, people will always err on the side of getting their stuff in.

Matthias