Re: kernel RPMs dependency on removing prior kernel?

Jon Masters wrote:
On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 23:53 -0800, Andrew Farris wrote:
Is the following kernel RPM behavior really necessary?  Yum repeatedly attempts
to remove at least one kernel whenever a kernel is updated or installed, and
fails if it cannot do so...  Removing a kernel to keep things a little cleaner
with kernel updates is not so bad, but continuing when it cannot do that is what
I'd want it to do (not fail).  I want these installed kernels, and I want them
staying right where they are, with the nvidia modules as well (these kernels all
have a buggy behavior with my usb drive and I'm keeping them to go back and test
if it gets resolved later).

Have you seen/used the installonlyn yum plugin's configuration options?

It's no longer a plugin. The functionality has been merged into yum proper. See the manual for yum.conf for details.