Re: F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 09:48:33AM -0800, John Reiser wrote:
> > A live CD install on servers? You're walking all over your use cases :)
>
> Does the live CD install istelf have a prominent advisory "Avoid using
> LiveCD for these cases [see http://... for explanation]" ?
>
> This may be fallout from "Fedora Project does not distribute CD images."
> Physical media are comforting to administrators (changing the bits is
> easy to detect and prevent), many servers lack DVD, creating a local repo
> can be a hassle, install from network drive is not widely understood
> (and when it doesn't work it is hard to figure out how to fix.)

Actually it was a fallout of "the livecd fits and boots from my 2G usb
key, the dvd doesn't".  I didn't realize the livecd was supposed to be
laptop-only.

Creating a local repo with any local changes requires having a machine
with f8 installed already so that you can run createrepo.

  OG.