Re: F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

On Nov 15, 2007 8:01 AM, Olivier Galibert <galibert pobox com> wrote:
> Bug #134886 is still there since fedora core 3 times.  It means that
> NetworkManager will happily shutdown the interfaces, ignore any
> settings you've put in anaconda and wipe out /etc/resolv.conf if you
> happen not to use dhcp.  Like in a lab, where desktops and servers
> tend not to wander around so much and dhcp is used only for laptops.

It seems to me that wiping out resolv.conf is the worst part.  It
destroys the static configuration.  I think the DHCP client should not
overwrite the existing /etc/resolv.conf but move it to a backup.  And
restore the previous version when it stops.

 - Ian