Re: check-rpaths, libtool, dlopen, loadable modules

Hi,

On Nov 15, 2007 7:40 PM, John Dennis <jdennis redhat com> wrote:
> I have a package which builds loadable modules intended to be loaded by
> dlopen and it's being rejected on x86_64 because check-rpaths is
> complaining it's finding a RPATH in the loadable modules .so file. This
> is for F8.
Old versions of libtool have a bug where they don't consider
/usr/lib64 to be a system library directory.  If the upstream tarball
was dist'd on an older platform that could be why.

You could try blowing away the libtool shipped with the package,
running autoreconf and libtoolize --force to get the F8 libtool.

--Ray