Re: F8, b43 and radio button for BCM4318

On Friday 16 November 2007 00:41:34 am Trever L. Adams wrote:
> The firmware is identical between the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. Make
> sure you are using the "approved/supported" firmware. There are only a
> few versions. If it extracts with the right extraction tool, it is
> supported.
>
> Trever
>
> > btw: i'm running x86_64 and i'm pretty sure the firmware was for the
> > 32-bit version.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Eric
>
> --
> "Honor isn't about making the right choices. It's about dealing with the
> consequences." -- Midori Koto

what/where are the approved versions? I used
http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/broadcom-wl-4.80.53.0.tar.bz2 for the
firmware. I regressed to ndiswrapper and everything works fine using the
firmware that came from the laptop's driver.

b43 is getting there. All involved: keep up the good work!

thanks,

eah