Install hang on a Dell PowerEdge SC1430

Are there known issues with F8 (and F7) being
installed on PowerEdges? Booting from DVD (and CDs)
I get the following three lines than nothing...

    Read.

This happens with both x86 and x86_64 installs
from DVD of either F8 or F7. I also tried burning
the boot.iso from the DVD to a CD and boot from
that with the same results.

Being this is pretty broken, I'm hoping this is a known
problem and there is some type of workaround.

tia,

steved.