pulseaudio CPU usage and process name

Hi,
I'm enjoying the wonders of pulse audio. However, on my centrino 2.0Ghz laptop, when idle, almost always pulse audio is the most CPU intensive task running, even when I am not playing any audio! It consumes around 6% of CPU competing with firefox! This seems a bit too much to me ?
Also, any idea why the process name appears in top as "exe" rather than pulseaudio!
Regards