Re: Review queue/FESCo after the merge

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas mailhot laposte net) said:
scriptlets should be allowed to fail when the failure is catastrophic
enough. What that is, I'm not sure.

scriptlets should be allowed to fail when the benefits of failing
(fixing packages) outweigh the cost of failure (killing transactions for
lots of users). Since so far the only documented failure was in rawhide
(at a time I doubt rawhide was perfectly installable anyway) I question
the need to hide this particular failure.

Not all scriptlets abort the transaction anyways, as I recall. %post
certainly doesn't. So, maybe it should just be %pre shouldn't fail.

No scriptlet will abort the transaction, just the package with failing scriptlet will have its install/upgrade/remove will be aborted.

"We brake for nobody" ;)

	- Panu -