Re: LDAP and the dbus user

It's referenced in /etc/login.defs and the manpage for useradd

HTH,
Harry

Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 15:52 +0100, Alexander Boström wrote:
fre 2007-11-16 klockan 13:09 +0100 skrev Ralf Ertzinger:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 03:17:21 -0500, Kelly Miller wrote:
the result is
NetworkManager needs DBus, which needs LDAP, which needs
NetworkManager.  The result?  The system freezes at the first service
in the cycle.
There is a neat option I learned some time ago:

nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus

This (should) make ldap ignore these users (which exist locally,
unless you manually removed them)
Oh yes... Is the correct solution here to make this the default?

Yes; actually I think the right thing is to to always look up locally
any uid which is less than 500, because Fedora reserves those for the
operating system.  Can't find a reference at the moment, but if someone
does, add it to: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/UsersAndGroups