Re: Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 à 13:36 -0500, Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot (nicolas mailhot laposte net) said:
> > > scriptlets should be allowed to fail when the failure is catastrophic
> > > enough. What that is, I'm not sure.
> >
> > scriptlets should be allowed to fail when the benefits of failing
> > (fixing packages) outweigh the cost of failure (killing transactions for
> > lots of users). Since so far the only documented failure was in rawhide
> > (at a time I doubt rawhide was perfectly installable anyway) I question
> > the need to hide this particular failure.
>
> Not all scriptlets abort the transaction anyways, as I recall. %post
> certainly doesn't. So, maybe it should just be %pre shouldn't fail.

Well if this particular error never hit stable and never stayed long in
rawhide that's because the failure is immediate the first time someone
actually installs a faulty package, and "fixing" the scriptlet only
increases the probability a problem package will hit stable

Please keep this a brownpaper bag error.

--
Nicolas Mailhot