Re: F8 is getting *really* sysadmin-hostile

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
There is a neat option I learned some time ago:
nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon,dbus

This (should) make ldap ignore these users (which exist locally,
unless you manually removed them)
I knew there was a way of somehow doing this, because openSUSE does it by default. However, even if I could get the system to start up properly here, I'd still run into a big problem; NetworkManager currently seems to have trouble with specific static IP entries. Which I believe was the point at the beginning, wasn't it?