Re: RPM groups

On Nov 19, 2007 10:04 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones redhat com> wrote:
I can't find any documentation on the RPM "Group:" field, what it should
contain, and whether Fedora has a policy on these (even a list of them
would be a good start).

Look in /usr/share/doc/rpm-{version number}/GROUPS for a list.  I remember seeing a wiki page that listed all group names in actual use, but I can't find it now.

There are quite a few packages in the Development/Libraries/Java group.  Why isn't that group in the list?
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/