Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Mon Nov 19 17:41:25 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:23:05 +0100
> Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
>
> > Firefox IMHO is the way better example -- I fail to understand why we
> > didn't create a script that rebuilds all packages that depend on it
> > once it's build and in the buildroot. Yes,
>
> Again, it takes /somebody/ to write it.  FESCo can say all they want "I
> want this to happen", but until somebody sits down and cranks out a
> script, it's just not going to happen.

Actually, if I were to imagine things ... if FESCo actually said "I want
this to happen" and takes the necessary management roles to get things
started (ie. a wiki discussion page, a mailing list thread, an ad-hoc
committee, etc.), I imagine a lot of people would be happy. But it's
important for FESCo to actually say it because then it becomes an
official Fedora-sanctioned project and people would know they're not
wasting their time. Also, I don't think people expect FESCo to actually
do the work, but at least do the managerial task of organizing people
willing to work.

If volunteers don't turn up, then FESCo's done all they can.

> Instead many of us are working toward a situation where this one-off
> won't be necessary.

I doubt it's a one-off thing and avoiding situations like it isn't
always desired.
--

Richi Plana