Re: NetworkManager - Why Doesn't nm-applet have a way of using WPA-PSK?

Andrew Farris wrote:
Was your access point configured to only allow this option?  Sounds like the OP
is wanting to FORCE the use of WPA-PSK (i.e. access point will allow it), not
just have NM make the choice automatically.  The access point may be setup to
allow several security options.
Yes, I have to force it, because up until today the system was using WEP. However, I found out through experimentation that my wireless network was acting horribly flaky, and I managed to track it to the WEP key itself (when I removed the security, everything worked fine). So I switched the access point to use WPA-PSK, as a better option than leaving it wide open. But NetworkManager was still insisting it used WEP, so I was trying to force it to switch. nm-applet allows manually selecting WEP and a few other options, but not WPA-PSK with a specific encryption cipher.