Re: NetworkManager - Why Doesn't nm-applet have a way of using WPA-PSK?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:30:37 +0100
Christopher Aillon <caillon redhat com> wrote:

> What really should be happening is NM should notice there is a
> new/different encryption scheme and offer to let you enter it.  You
> shouldn't have to force it.  If this is not happening, file a bug.

After talking to Dan, often it is impossible to tell.  All we can do is
fail to associate with the old method, and then popup a box to allow
you to pick a different auth method.  If all the auth methods aren't
available in that popup, /that/ would be a bug.

--
Jesse Keating