Re: WTF? Inaccessible bug reports?

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:05:50 +0100
> Olivier Galibert <galibert pobox com> wrote:
>
>>   You are not authorized to access bug #260621.
>>
>> Right.  Black-on-red too, somebody has seen too many crappy hollywood
>> movies.  Surprised it doesn't blink.
>>
>> So I'm trying to find out why David Cantrell decided to make my life
>> hell on 2007-09-04 by disabling any possibility of static ip when
>> using kickstart and the changelog refers to bug #260621 which I'm
>> somehow not allowed to see.
>>
>> So I am supposed to guess why the hell such a change was made how?
>> That would be the first step to try to provide a solution acceptable
>> by everybody.
>
> Perhaps you should calm down a bit.  Flying off the handle before
> asking if the bug permissions can be changed or an explanation is
> provided is probably not going to be very productive.

I have to agree, though, that there are too many private bugs in the rh
bugzilla.  Some are necessary but too many things default to "private"
IMHO.  Sometimes people just choose wrong flags, though, so yeah, it's
worth asking for a change and not assuming that it was malicious :)  I
do understand your frustration.

-Eric